Wednesday, June 6, 2012

more duluth

I went exploring downtown Duluth yesterday and was pleasantly surprised! It reminded me a lot of Eldora, it had that quaint, small town feeling. Lots of small little shops and cafes. I parked and wandered around with my camera and snapped a few pictures here and there. 

There was this cute little park with a huge water fountain and an outdoor amphitheater.

This sign was at the entrance of the park...

...right after I took that picture this kid whizzed passed me on his skateboard, nice.



Funny story: I was busy taking photos of the water fountain and the pretty flowers when the gentlemen on the left approached me and asked if I would take their picture! Of course I said yes and he gave me a long story of how he needed a picture of himself to put in the Duluth community book because he is going to be teaching a beginners guitar class and he really needed a good picture (he wanted the picture to look like he was "teaching") Hahaa! After a few minutes of him convincing me that I needed to bring my husband with me to his class (even though I tried to tell him that I didn't have a guitar) he gave me his business card with an e-mail address so I could send him the photo. It made my day. 





4 comments:

  1. Cara, you are becoming quite the photographer. Love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww! love your little duluth! just wish i was there to go adventuring around with you :) nice pics too and love the story of the guy - it's a great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ally! Looking forward to seeing you in Iowa!!
    And Lynz, MISS YOU! AZ better look out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! Making good use of your time!

    ReplyDelete