Friday afternoon we headed out to Zeelandia beach for a little afternoon picnic along with some body surfing! When we got there, the sky looked a little rainy but usually it just rains a little and then passes...so we figured we were fine. We carried our bags of food and beach toys for the little boys and headed out to the beach...
It was a little chilly so Lynz and I were hanging with the little boys while the big boys went out into the water to tackle the BIG waves. We were there about 10 minutes before it started sprinkling. We just sat there and waited for it to pass, but the problem was it NEVER passed!!! Before we knew it it was pouring down rain!! Lynz and I grabbed a towel and put it over our shoulders and our head and after 5 minutes we were completely soaked through!! The boys came out of the water and we decided it was not going to pass so we grabbed everything and carried it back to the car in the downpour.
I can not even put into words what an experience this was! We all just stood there and laughed as the rain kept beating down! We managed to get a picture of us before we piled in the car soaking wet.
It was a day I will not forget...
Zeelandia...
the brave boys headed out
oh my WAVE
these were the only pics I could get before the rain started!
we were so sad that we couldn't get an actual picture of us sitting in the sand under a soaking wet towel, so this is us re-enacting it...
soaking wet.
It was AWESOME!


Totally Awesome!!
ReplyDeleteFun memories!